"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37:4

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney


Monday, April 12, 2010

A new way to think

"I slept and dreamt that life was all joy; I awoke and understood life was but service; I served and realized service was joy." Today after a long mostly frustrating time spent in my "mentor's" office I saw this quote and got to thinking, wow what a powerful quote. How different would my life be if I spent more of my time serving the people around me and less time worrying about the little things that stress us out and the little things we cannot control. For those of you that do not know I am a Christian. I am not perfect nor would I ever expect anyone else to be perfect, but having faith is important, me I found faith in God, well rather I opened my heart to hear Him. This weekend I went down to Camp Seafarer with 20 middle schoolers to serve about 750 2nd grade girls and their dads. Now I went thinking I would go and be an example for these kids when it turns out I learned more from them. And it got me thinking about how I can serve more. My current project is I want to start supporting the ones in this area by providing food for them  or helping out in some way. Eventually I would love to open a home for those who need the help and a kitchen to serve them. My heart is really pondering serving people and how can I do more to serve the people around me? It is weird to think about how many people we come into contact with and yet we do not make any connection with them at all. My goal is to atleast twice a day do something for someone I barely know or someone who I can be there for. I mean isn't that the point of being a Christian? To pass out God's love freely as He has freely given it to me. I would love for some to try this with me but I am not sure where I am actually going with this  all I know is that from this I grow and I learn about life and love. I am hoping from this I will be able to learn more about what service means and what joy is truly found in this when you really put the right heart in it. I have been given so much, I mean I was given a second chance and a new life. I should be spreading that will every ounce of me. I hate how much I have forgotten about being a Christian and I know I will make mistakes but it is only natural. I know I cannot touch the world but its that one person that is all that it is about not the millions. If one person gets to 

No comments:

Post a Comment