"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37:4

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney


Monday, March 29, 2010

Yay Monday

Today is my birthday and I have been thinking about all that has happened in my last 26 years. I have done so much but still have so much more to do. I never thought I would still be in school at this age nor did I think I would be at State in Psychology. I always thought I would go into education and I always thought that I would be teaching and have a family by now. Now I am realizing how much I wouldn't want that for myself. I couldn't imagine going down that path and I understand now how much I do not know myself and how much better God knows me. I am so excited to learn more and more about my strengths and weaknesses I am still battling. My life is full knowing these things and it is strange to know that so much I had planned for my life was completely wrong. Like the perfect guy, the perfect job, the family life and more. I am learning about what I really want in life and where I want my life to go. Lately I have questioned a lot about where I am going and what I have in life and what I have come up with is that I am truly blessed. I have the greatest people surrounding me and supporting me. They are the people who push me and call me out when I need to be and I am so pleased to have them. I challenge you to count your blessings day by day and moment by moment and notice how much you actually have to be thankful for. The little things that are given to us are always over looked and it is the little things that make life better. Take the next couple of days to count your blessings, like a green light on the way to work, or a smile from a stranger. It really adds up.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Happy birthday to you!!! xxx

    Its funny isnt it, you think you have your life planned out in years and as those years approach you realise you really are not ready to be in certain stages yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am so "off track" from what I planned it is mind blowing but in a good way because I have so much to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete