"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37:4

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney


Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Beautiful Day!

Now today was a beautiful day. Nicole and I took an adventure. What started out as a trip to go look at wedding dresses turned into a day of laughing, pictures and just relaxing. I cannot remember a day better than today. We walked around a small town Smithfield NC and just explored. It was as though we were lost in time and taken to another town. What made the day so great? Well spending time with your best friend in the whole world always makes the day great. But for the first time in a very long time I stopped and took time out for me. I went where I went where I wanted to go, and I did what I wanted to do. There was no agenda, no having to be somewhere at a certain time, and best of all no need to answer the phone. The best part of the day was when we were walking around the town and it made me realize, that what I want to do, the current town I am in just doesn't do it for me the way a town with culture, and a vibe about it. It made me realize New York, Charlotte or somewhere like that is where I need to go. Nicole and I also decided that we need to start taking trips more often and experience more towns around us. So I will be updating about the trips we take! Here we GO!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen some of the pics on facebook- looks like you guys had such a fun day!!

    Always try and take time out for you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we did! And its hard to remember the little things like time for oneself. Haha It was nice to take a day!

    ReplyDelete