"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37:4

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney


Sunday, November 1, 2009

Holiday Joy

I found myself today not only singing Christmas songs, but getting over excited about the upcoming holidays. Not because of the gifts or the awesome music but because of the meaning of the holidays... FAMILY. On thursday, I learned my oldest sister Katie got married and I was extremely excited, I get to meet her husband this Christmas, also I learned our Thanksgiving celebration will now be more like 30 people rather than 15. The whole melted family is coming into town. From my moms sister and family to my stepfathers mother and two daughters and their families. I also will get to see my niece, nephew and other sister Michaleh. I cannot wait! To spend the holidays with the ones who love you and you love in return is amazing. It is also an exciting year becuase my mother as deemed me as her partner in cooking... a job no other sister has ever had bestowed on them... See cooking in our house is an honoring moment, it is passed down from generation to generation like the blood in our veins, we all inherited an ability to cook but none of the children of this generation have been allowed to cook on such an occasion. I know weird but its my family. Anyways I got to thinking about how blessed I am to have this amazing family that I do. Like I said we are melted together and we are all close. Knowing I have about 50 people always looking out for my best interest is amazing and comforting to know. It will be the highlight of the year. I can't wait to write about the coming evens like getting a christmas tree or shopping or the lovable moments of the holidays... Always a great way to end the year!

3 comments:

  1. family is my favorite part about holidays like thanksgiving and christmas. sometimes they drive me crazy, but that's part of the fun!
    xo meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get giddy because of the family time during holidays. I would give every present back if it meant everyone in my family laying around in their PJ's watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so with you both! The stress of hte holidays sometimes are not worth it but when it is all said and done it makes the holidays so much more enjoyable just to be around the ones we love and appreciate!

    ReplyDelete