"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37:4

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney


Sunday, October 4, 2009

Today's rise with sunshine

OK so today was an adventure in only the beginning, I went to church as I normally do on Sunday's and as I was waiting to go to a meeting I saw this guy. OK so no big deal but it was. He looked just like "that guy" from middle school/most of high school for me. And as you will soon learn my mind began to wonder about where I have been over the course of a couple of years. I can remember having the biggest crush on this boy from back then and that was about all it was. I remeber liking him but not wanting to date him. See I am weird like that I have always been that girl who gets crushes but never really seems myself dating them, sure it is fun to day dream about what it would be like but in reality I have never met a guy worth while. I grew up way too early and I have never found boys/guys my age interesting enough to date or worth while. Well if you are wondering where I am going with this here it goes....
This is my One and Only True Love Story.
I met this boy we will call him Stuart, I met him when I was 17, he was the cutest boy I have ever seen in my life. Where did I meet him you ask? I met him at the golf course my dad worked at, Stuart worked there as well. He was hot, I mean real hot and he was very kind but he was as I said a boy and I don't know that he ever really noticed me. Strangely enough we became friends, not the type who would hang out on the weekends and we would share the same group of friends, but when ever I went to see my dad (Stuart too) just not to his knowing, I would stop by and talk for awhile. These years of spending at the golf course were bonding years for my dad and I, my parents were going through a divorce so it was the safehaven I could go to, to talk to my dad about anything. We would either play golf or ride around while he was working and talk for hours. It was some of the best memories I have with him. Back to Stuart though, my dad and his dad were good friends and apparently talked... alot.... So being so open with my dad he knew about Stuart and tried to play lets see where this will go. He decided that Stuart would teach me how to play and would be my coach and that was embarassing, because in the background of these lessons my dad and Stuart's dad sat in the background and talked and snickered like little girls. But like I said, Stuart was always just a boy.
As I got older, things changed and Stuart and I went different ways and the feelings hid away. Stuart was some guy I once new and I was some girl I had no clue who she was. My dad went through major ups and downs (a story for another day) and Stuart was one I learned to trust with the information about my dad, he already knew the real man my dad was. Long story short Stuart and I completely lost contact and last I heard from my dad was that he was getting married. Where's the love story you ask? It is in this trust I have build with knowing he will always be there. See like I said I don't get attached to the point of needing someone and trusting them (again another story) I have crushing but with Stuart this story is different...
Back in December of 2008 my dad died unexpectedly. I won't go into details because one I'm not ready and two because its just a minor detail of this story. When my dad passed away I was devistated and some days I still am, he was and always will be very important to me and when he was gone I didnt know where to turn. I know I had to call many people to inform them what happened and on that list what Stuart's family. I dropped the news on him the smoothest way I knew how... I sent him a message on Facebook, not on his wall but a private one... and it read pretty much like this, "Hey don't know how else to put it but my dad died, I thought you and your dad might want to know." He responded and we ended up exchanging phone numbers and talking about what happened also during that ever so long phone called we updated about our lives. Some details I have left out because it doesnt fit in with the story. Well throughout the months we kept talking and grew closer and closer, til one night about 2 months ago we were going for a walk and half way around the lake he grabbed my hand, then later leaned over and kissed me. I was on cloud nine, I have never felt so right at any point in my life. We were inseperatable from that point on we talked on the phone through text (about 5000) in a month and we spoke on messanger. We laughed and we were happy. My second date with him he took me on a picnic to the park his idea because he remembered me saying something about that before. One week he had to go out of town so while I was at class he stopped by my car and left me one of his shirts to sleep in and a note just saying he will miss me and he couldnt wait to get back to me. I almost died. He was and still is my prince charming. We fell in love in no time and it was real and true and more than anything I could dream of. It still to this day seems like a fairytale, and I do believe it is. He would meet me after school or work and we would just sit around watching movies or just talking. We would make dinner together and I always had dessert for him. His favorite (homemade yellowcake with chocolate icing) Simple I know but he liked it. We did have our issues where we did not see eye to eye but we would talk about it. We ended up breaking up because it wasnt the right timing but the story isnt over yet. I know this because I still need him and I still know he is always there for me no matter what. This is something I have never had in my life. He is also someone (a man) I have chosen to fall in love with and I choose to always love. He is my best friend, soul mate, comforter, companion, and so much more. Its awesome to be able to watch someone grow up and I have watched him go from that boy who I had a crush on, to the man I have falling in love with and with each passing day I fall in love with again. I know that seems weird to say that I fall in love with him even though we are apart but the truth is no one measures up to him, his flaws and all. In no way is he perfect because Lord knows there are many things about him that drive me nuts but he gets me. He fits my list (which I actually have) and he has the ablilty to take my breath away each day. He has this way of knowing without me saying anything whats going on. I don't know what makes him so different I don't know why he has chose to be so different all I know is that my heart belongs to him. Most days I feel as though it always has belonged to him we jsut had to take a long path to get to where we are. No we arent seperated because of bad reasons just life and situations that have to be dealt with first. Its weird how different the world spins when you have that person in your life and since he has come back into mine I want to wake up each day and greet the world with a Hi Sunshine!

7 comments:

  1. What a darling love story and I am so sorry about your dad. Glad he could be there for you when the times get rough.

    I came over from Nicole's blog - glad you started a blog and hope you enjoying your weekend hun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know i love you. and this story was perfect, even tho ive been there for it i loved reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, found your blog from Nicole's and I just wanted to tell you how much I liked this post. It was honest. How completely refreshing. It's always fun to find someone else in this crazy world who I have things in common with, too...my dad died unexpectedly, too AND I am going to marry that boy I was friends with in high school! After 11 years of being together, nothing has ever felt more "right". I know, too, what you mean about growing up and growing into a different kind of friendship. Amazing stuff. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thats such a beautiful story :) I hope it does continue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hello there sunshine! I loved your post at diamond! A new follower = me! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you sum up everything I want to feel and hope for in life and what the future can bring (:

    It made my day and made my smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay glad you were featured on the Diamond's site and hope your week is going well!

    ReplyDelete