"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37:4

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney


Thursday, February 26, 2015

Life As I Know It

"A journey begins with a step, and an adventure begins with a ticket." A journey that we call life begins with that single step that leads us in one direction or the other, and after that initial step we begin the long journey down the path to a road unknown. But, an adventure begins with a ticket, not always a literal ticket but some times it is a literal ticket. For me days have come and gone, adventures have come and gone. Life has passed me by with me wondering where it has gone. The best part about it though, for the first time ever, I am living life. I am engaged in the world around me and experiencing it. I am not sitting on the sidelines of my life waiting to take part. I am there experiencing life, laughing, singing, dancing, interacting in a way I have waited to live. Not that I was not a part of life before, I was just a side character in someone else's life. I faded into the background forgetting that I am a lead character. I have been sitting at the train station with my ticket waiting to get on the train.
Just a few highlights of the last few I don't know how long: I graduated college, started teaching, met some of the most wonderful people that I am blessed to live life with daily, laughed, danced, got a few more tattoos, been hurt by people I truly love, faced demons that I have ran away from for years, found courage, strength, truth, enjoyed a cup of coffee with beautiful women in Kenya on a rainy day, hopped on a plane to Kenya by myself to love on adorable children in Kenya, applied to grad school and found out the person God has called me to be and has been waiting for me to find. I stood up from the bench and stepped onto the train. 
Each moment of the last years has not been perfect, sweet, fairytale like. They haven't even been easy a lot of the time. There have been tough, painful, ugly, and dangerous moments; but along the road that I have been walking I have learned the greatest thing I could ever learn. I have learned me. I have learned I can be imperfect and still be loved. That seems something so simple but for years I have been something I am not, or tried to be and I have been trying to be perfect. So, learning it was ok to be imperfect is beautiful. I for the first time in my life, am defined as a daughter of the most High God, and nothing else. 
It is time to tell the stories and share the adventures, the truths I have learned and the beauty in all of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment