"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37:4

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney


Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A long time gone...

As the title suggests it has been quite some time since I have written anything on here. As per usual, life has bee never changing, ever moving and never stopping. But for the first time in I do not know how long, I feel in control. Well, not in control as I am doing everything but in control as I have finally put my life in the correct hands of the only one who can keep my life in check and that is God. 
For the first time, I am financially stable which has been a foreign concept to me since well, my whole life. And I am not stable with finances because I all of a sudden have tons to spend but my money is not my money but in actuality it is God's money and I am using it to do what he wants me to do with it. 
Take Friday night for example, we went out downtown for our monthly joy of "First Friday" and while sitting at one of my new favorite hot spots "The Remedy" a gentleman walks up to us and he asks us in a quiet ton, "Ma'am would you mind helping me?" My gracious friend Sarah and I started talking to him and he told us he was starving and was wondering if we could buy him some food. Now, for those of you who do not know me, I jumped at the chance to go buy him some dinner, Sarah on the other hand took it a step farther and replies to the man, "Come sit with us and eat." This blew my mind!!!!!!! Instead of taking him somewhere else to get him dinner she said, come sit with us. Immediately I felt ashamed, I was not willing to invite this sweet and gentle man to sit with us but I would jump for the chance to take him some where else to eat. Is he less of a man because he is at a tougher time in his life? No, he is a better man than me because he was just a humble man coming before people. I was an arrogant person who thought he was not good enough.... 
From this I have really evaluated what I think and what the scripture means to me, right then and there I saw what the Bible is talking about when it says in Luke 14:10 "But when you are invited, go and sit in the lowest place, so that when your host comes he may say to you, 'Friend, move up higher.' Then you will be honored in the presence of all who sit at table with you." We have the opportunity to reach out and change the way people see a person who is "homeless" and begin to see them as a friend rather than someone below them.
Today, as i am sitting here thinking about all that has gone on and all that I had wanted to write about has now left me and all I can do is think about this moment in time that was so moving and is such a huge reminder to me that even to this day, the Word of God is still living and active. Although it presents itself in a different way the story is still trying to be told in our world and our journeys today.

Have a wonderful Wednesday and share a little love with everyone you meet today. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment