"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart" Psalms 37:4

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney


Tuesday, July 13, 2010

No Day but Today

One of my favorite songs from the one and only play "RENT," but also a simple phrase with so much meaning. We have no other day but today and yet we live like there is a guarantee of tomorrow. I know this sounds kind of morbid in a way but lets be honest, how often do we live in the moment like there is No Day BUT today. How often do we make plans for tomorrow with someone we love and wait til then, why not tell them now and let them know that they are important to you right now right here. I write this because my dad has been on my mind a lot lately. I guess with my sister's wedding coming up I keep on thinking about my future and the fact that my dad will not be there for those big moments. When I graduate in a year and a half, when I do eventually get married, when I have kids and all that I will be one parent down. Yes I do have a stepdad and he is an amazing stepdad but he isn't my dad. I guess it all comes back to the No Day but Today, I guess when my dad passed away I never got that chance to tell him how much I love him and I am sure he knows but still it is different. Being able to day I love you to the people you who are most important to you is important and it should be done on a regular basis. Not only should it be said but it should be shown. Giving and presenting acts or gifts of love mean the world to people and we forget to do this on a regular bases. So take the time ot love and love on the people who mean most to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment